Mustard Seeds / Rai
An age-old spice with a fresh aroma and a pungent flavour. Mustard seeds or Rai are often added in the initial stage of cooking to enhance aroma and flavour. Used to make sauces that add a distinctive to your dishes, these seeds are considered the conveyor of good taste.
Add a few mustard seeds :
- To sure your common cold or fever with the highly effective Mustard tea
- To condition your hair with an herbal hair pack made with these seeds.
- For natural exfoliation : Add them to either lavender or rose essential oil. Use the mix to naturally exfoliate dead skin.
- Hydrate your skin: Mustard seeds added to aloevera gel can hydrate your skin. It removes all impurities from your face and nourishes it from within
- To slow the ageing process - A powerful antioxidant, mustard seeds are a great powerhouse of vitamin A, C and K.
- To fights infections: These seeds contain a good amount of sulfur, known for its anti fungal properties. Thus helping in fighting all kinds of infections.
Mustard seeds by Sampurna Shetkari farmers are grown naturally, without use of any synthetic fertilizers or pesticides. In some of the studies it has been found that organic food contains more nutrients as compared to their regular counterparts, increasing their health benefits.
About Sampurna Shetkari
A group of 100 farmers led by Santosh Bhapkar and Jyoti Bhapkar, these farmers have been doing organic farming since 2006. Their emphasis on local and regional seed collection has yielded in development of good local genome bank of seeds.
The group has been awarded many times for their quality work and is becoming rapidly popular in Maharashtra