Organic Ajwain / Carom Seeds
A spice found in every Indian home and seeds which provide tadka in our favourite dal tadka, Ajwain has immense heath benefits. Because of that there are numerous house hold uses of Ajwain in treating various health issues.
Rich in vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants this super seed has many anesthetic properties. Adding flavor and aroma to your meals by roasting the ajwain a little before cooking them.
Add a few carom seeds while cooking to :
- Enhance the flavour and aroma of your meals
- Aid in digestion - Added to masalas and sprinkled in doughs due to it digestive properties.
- For instant relief from tooth-ache, gargle with a mix of lukewarm water, 1 teaspoon of ajwain and salt or simply inhale the fumes of burning ajwain seeds.
- Treat acidity, migraines and common cold.
- Ajwain seeds help in halting premature greying of hair. Add a few carom seeds with curry leaves, dry grapes and sugar in 1 cup of water and cook. For best results, drink one glass of this every day.
- They are incredibly nutritious, being rich in fiber, antioxidants, and other vitamins and minerals.
- Carom seeds keep your stomach strong. The active enzymes in ajwain help in boosting our digestive functions by facilitating the release of gastric juices.
About Sampurna Shetkari
A group of 100 farmers led by Santosh Bhapkar and Jyoti Bhapkar, these farmers have been doing organic farming since 2006. Their emphasis on local and regional seed collection has yielded in development of good local genome bank of seeds.
The group has been awarded many times for their quality work and is becoming rapidly popular in Maharashtra