Red Lentil - A Powerhouse Of Nutrients
Masoor dal or red lentil is one of the most used lentils across India. These little red pieces have immense health benefits. Organic lentils are even more healthier, as you get all benefits and no harmful toxins. Some studies have shown that organic lentils have a higher amount of nutrients when compared to chemically grown alternatives.
Here are some of the benefits of Masoor dal
- Red lentil are rich in fiber and folate, which gives them anti-cancer properties. Consuming them regularly can help in prevention of breast, colon, lung and bowel cancer.
- They have tons of antioxidants and minimizes cell and tissue damage. This makes them great for your skin. In addition to consuming them, you also apply its paste on your skin to improve skin health.
- Lentils in general are an excellent source of proteins and red lentil is no exception.
- Red lentils are rich in dietary fiber and low in fat, making them an excellent choice for weight loss. High fiber content also helps in improving digestive system
- It has low glycemic index. That coupled with high fiber content helps in avoiding blood sugar spikes and makes it an excellent choice for diabetics.
- Masoor dal is a rich source of vitamins and minerals like calcium and magnesium and phosphate. These minerals are known to aid in improving and strengthening your bones and teeth.
About Sampurna Shetkari
A group of 100 farmers led by Santosh Bhapkar and Jyoti Bhapkar, these farmers have been doing organic farming since 2006. Their emphasis on local and regional seed collection has yielded in development of good local genome bank of seeds.
The group has been awarded many times for their quality work and is becoming rapidly popular in Maharashtra